Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy News!!

Sorry for disappearing there. I'm still getting used to this whole "blogging" thing, and it's really hard to come home after work and write something coherent and interesting.

I had a great weekend. My mom flew in this weekend, and we got to spend some time together. I haven't seen her in person since early September. Even though we skype almost weekly, it's still difficult. Skyping helps, but it's still not seeing her in person. We didn't do much, really, just kind of hung out at home. I showed her my crochet creations, and the painting I'm working on. I shared some great news with her, which I'll share here...




I'm pregnant!!

Yes, this is good news. The Hubby and I have been trying to conceive for a little over a year, and I was getting quite frustrated. I had been to the Ob/Gyn for testing. We knew that I was ovulating, we knew that my fallopian tubes weren't blocked or anything. Hubby had his spermies checked out, and they were fine as well. I had already tried Clomid once over the summer, and then I tried again in December, but nothing happened. We upped the dose some, and tried again. I had done some research on Clomid, and decided to try taking Mucinex to help with cervical mucus. Then last week Aunt Flow didn't show up...

So when mom showed up Friday evening, we surprised her with the news over dinner. She's so happy, she keeps saying she's going to be a Nonna times 2.  Not really sure what the importance of that is, but it makes her happy.

Therefore, in light of the baby news, we spent a lot of time discussing names, looking at cribs online, researching nursery decor, etc. We made a pit stop to Hobby Lobby, and picked up some fabric. Mom says she wants to make some receiving blankets, and a Winnie-the-pooh quilt.


She's already left to go home, so I had to pull it up on Google Images. You can't really see it too well, but it's so cute. I love Winnie the Pooh. I'm thinking about making the nursery Classic Winnie-the-pooh themed, but I haven't made up my mind.

Clearly I'm excited. This is my first pregnancy. I pray and hope that everything goes well, that this pregnancy doesn't have any problems.  There's just so much that can go wrong, and it's still so early. I'm only 4 weeks along, and most miscarriages happen in the first 10-12 weeks.

So keep me and my little one in your prayers and good thoughts. I haven't told anyone outside of family yet, I want to wait until after my first OB appointment.

Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment